Great Bowl O' Fire 37 inch Sculptural Firebowl
By John T Unger Studio
The Great Bowl O' Fire 37 inch is in stock and ready to ship.
Dimensions: 37" Diameter, 22" high overall, base is 12" in diameter. Weight: 115 pounds.
Thickness: Sculptural Firebowls are cut from quarter inch steel, TEN TIMES thicker than mass-produced fire pits.
Material: Sculptural Firebowls are hand made from American made High-Strength, Low-Alloy, Cold-Rolled Steel.
- Sculptural Firebowls are delivered on an 18 wheel semi. R&L Carriers requires a daytime phone number to schedule your delivery.
- Price includes shipping for US orders and Canada, excluding Alaska and Hawaii.
- Email your shipping address for rates to Alaska and Hawaii.
- Click here for my worldwide store to purchase outside the US or Canada.
Propane and Natural Gas:
Sculptural Firebowls are suitable for wood, propane or natural gas and ship ready-to-fit for clean-burning propane or natural gas.
Upgrade kits are sold separately by Steven Stegall at FireCrystals. Steven has designed an easy-to-install, drop-in kit for gas conversion. To order call Steven at 805.237.9188.
The Great Bowl O' Fire Story
The Great Bowl O' Fire reveals the poetry inspiring even my simplest designs using a torch to cut flame images into a flammable gas storage tank to create a firebowl which can then be plumbed for gas is a perfect example of how I like materials and ideas to work together. That kind of layered metaphor is what I enjoy most about working with recycled materials. Even the natural patina of the sculptures relates directly back to flame in it's coloration_ fiery reds, oranges, yellows and blacks.
On every Great Bowl O' Fire I cut, there is a stylized flame in the shape of a phoenix rising through the embers to symbolize the rebirth of scrap steel into something new and wonderful. The phoenix is always the first flame I cut into the bowl, the beginning of its transformation.
As Gabriel Guzman writes in The Daily Book of Art:
Who would have thought that a bowl of fire could be so beautiful? Hand-cut out of recycled steel, these bowls combine sculpture and function to create unique works of art with industrial flair that provide warmth and an exciting centerpiece for events. When in use, the flame-like edges of these bowls cast mesmerizing shadows that dance across the ground, acting as part of the art.
You can experience the Great Bowl O' Fire at:
- Rumfire, Waikiki, HI
- Sandals Resorts International, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Tiki Beach, Grand Cayman Island
- Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westside Tennis Club, 1200 Wilcrest, Houston, TX
- Fiamme Restaurant, Naperville, IL
- Spirit Ridge Vineyard Resort & Spa, Osoyoos, BC, Canada
- Parc hotel, Honolulu, HI
- Landmark Resort Hotel, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Wizard Academy, Austin, TX
- Serenity's Resort, Trout Lake WA
- Brick Oven Courtyard Grille, Topeka, KS
- Fire Grill Inc, Rodney Bay, St. Lucia, West Indies
- Ascension Church, Oak Park, IL
- St. Andrew Church, Saline, MI
- St. Joan of Arc Church Lisle, IL
- Iron Horse Church Axtell, TX
- Saint Lawrence Catholic Church, Louisville, KY
- Essentia Health St. Mary's in Detroit Lakes, MN
Art, Made by hand in America
Sculptural Firebowls are unique works of art hand-cut by artist John T. Unger. No two are exactly alike, as the designs are drawn free-hand. Each firebowl is signed with a stainless steel nameplate that guarantees authenticity.
Reborn from the ashes of industry
My art is cut from 100% recycled, American made steel. If my job as an artist is to fill the world with "more things," I feel it is equally important that I reclaim materials from the waste stream to make space for my work.
Designed to become an everlasting part of your family tradition, Sculptural Firebowls come with a Dynasty Guarantee— a legacy to be passed down to your children and theirs.
Freight included in price
Price includes shipping for US orders and Canada, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. Your phone number is required for the freight carrier to schedule a delivery appointment.